Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get an absence excused?  

Parents should notify the school of a student’s absence and the reason for the absence as soon as possible. In addition, all absences should be documented in writing for the absence to be excused (the school does not have a sick line).  

All notes submitted to excuse absences must be received at the school within 5 school days after the absence. After 5 days, absences will not be excused. All other absences from school shall be considered unexcused and shall be dealt with according to the district’s attendance policy. Failure to provide requested documentation will result in unexcused absences.

Parents may write up to 5 parent notes per term with a total of 10 per year, until 15 days of total absence is attained.

* Note: All absences above 15 per year will be excused by doctor and/or court note only.

What should I do if I need to change my schedule or have a specific scheduling problem (i.e. no classes scheduled for 2nd period)?

Students with scheduling issues need to obtain an add/drop form from the guidance department and set up an appointment with their guidance counselor to address scheduling problems. Students should not ask their classroom teachers to write passes to go to the guidance department during class.

What happens if a student loses their school ID?

All students on campus are given one ID free of charge and are responsible for maintaining that ID throughout the school year. If a student loses their ID, they must purchase another ID from the media center for a cost of $5.00.

When can students purchase a P.E. uniform?

Cost for Physical Education (P.E.) uniforms are as follows: shorts $12  (mesh) and shirts $8

Uniforms must be labeled with the student’s name.

Where can I obtain information on student lunch (i.e. menus, free and reduced lunch forms, etc.)?

Free/Reduced Lunch Forms

Lunch Menus

My child has a medicine that needs to be administered every day. Can they bring it in themselves? 

Students who have a valid prescription may have their medicine kept with the middle school nurse. The school nurse or an authorized administrator must administer all medication. For prescription medications, a doctor must complete a form.  Parents must bring in medication to the nurse’s office. For non-prescription medications, parents may bring in medication and complete the form themselves in the clinic.

When are report cards and progress reports distributed?

Report cards will be distributed on November, February, April and June. 

Progress reports will be given out in September, December, February and May.

Please check Flagler County School’s calendar for specific dates.

How do I know who my child’s counselor is?

Guidance counselors are assigned to students based on grade level. Students in eighth grade see Ms. Cindy Kalcounos. Students in seventh grade will report to Ms. Patricia Carmo

For any guidance questions/concerns, please call (386) 446-6732

Ms. Patricia Carmo, Ext: 1324

Ms. Cindy Kalcounos, Ext: 1331

How can I find out what bus my child rides and bus pick-up/drop-off times/locations?

Click on bus routes for information. From here, you can log in to the transportation site and get specific bus routes as well as pick-up/drop-off times. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Transportation at BusTrans@flaglerschools.comor call the Transportation Department at (386) 586-2145.

How can I find out my child’s grades and/or class schedule?

To access your child’s grades and schedule, please log on to Skyward with your parent login and password. If you do not have a current log-in and password, please contact Mrs. Becky Bernhard for further assistance.

How do I schedule conference with my child’s teacher(s)?

 To schedule a conference with a teacher you can either:

1. Contact the teachers directly through e-mail which you can obtain under the staff directory, or

2. Call Guidance at 386.446.6732 

Who do I contact regarding broken computers, computer repairs, or computer fine payments? 

Please contact the ITMS Media Center for computer repairs and fine payments.